Friday, December 16, 2005

Playboy has celebrity interviews?

I have some studio lights at my studio for the weekend, a luxury I don't usually have, and was playing around with some self portraits. I think self portraits are the most difficult types of portraits. Not only is it tough setting up the shot, like most people I get self conscious when the camera is pointed at me. That's one of the reasons I like being behind the lens, that means I'm not in front of it.

Anyway, I took some goofing off shots just to loosen up and my wife saw them and started laughing. I told her I was putting together some for my blog and she said they reminded her of the celebrity interviews in Playboy. Of course my first reaction was, "What interviews in Playboy?". She made me create a printable copy of these for her "Creative Area" only in a horizontal format.

Anyway, these turned out OK but they lost a lot of detail and color when I shrunk them down for the web. I am trying to save up and get some good studio lights, I can't wait!! Until then, my crappy screw in slave flashes will just have to sufice.

Now, where did I put that Playboy?........

1 comment:

stacey abshire said...

:-) Good stuff.... Reminds me a little of my shots on my banner. I took mine at like 2am while were at Disney this summer. My little girl and I were having some fun while we waited on my wife and her sister to get off of Splash Mountain.