Sunday, February 05, 2006

Oh Canada, Oh Canada!!

I didn't even bother to go out today, the weather was yucky and the house needed cleaning and I had tons of work to do. I don't even know who won the Super Bowl yet, but if I had to guess I would say Pittsburgh. Anyway, I was going through my archives and found photos of Campobello Island and International Park. It's one of only two international parks in the world although I don't recall where the other one is. It is jointly run by Canada and the U.S. It was also Roosevelt's Summer get away. We visited the park two summers ago when we went to Eastport Maine.

This is Roosevelt Cottage on Campobello Island...

This is looking out of the living room of the cottage over the bay to Eastport Maine. Roosevelt had to be evacuated off the island by boat because of sickness. The welcome center of the park has an excellent Roosevelt Museum.
This Island is also the way to the East Quoddy Lighthouse....


No comments: