Monday, January 30, 2006

Very Large Group


Photo Taken By Shane for West Virginia Legislature, Office of Reference & Information*

Occasionally I get asked to do a large group photo for one of the delegates. Here's the biggest I've photographed this year. There are 62 people in this photo. That's about 1/2 the size of my largest group last year when I photographed an entire grade school out on the steps of the Capitol.

It's a neat change from the small group photos I usually take. It's tough to light everyone seeing how we're just using camera mounted flash. Anymore people and I don't think I would've been able to get everyone lit.

And can you believe that in this photo only one person had there eyes closed because of the flash! I took about 5 different photos just to get one photo where most people's eyes were open. Thanks to photoshop I was able to take the person's eyes outta one photo where they were open and put them into this one. You'd never know by looking at it either! I love digital photography!

1 comment:

MShane said...

ROFL, you really gotta get out of the Capitol more William! I'm the official photographer of the day EVERY day of session, at least for the House. And sometimes I wish IT WAS JUST FOR A DAY, but it is an interesting gig.